Program Educational Objectives of the B.Tech. Program:
- To generate high quality human and knowledge resources in the core areas of Electronics and Communication engineering and emerging fields of research, as
- To make valuable contribution in technology for social and economic development of the
- To put in focused efforts to produce graduate students, competent for finding their place in the leading
industries and renowned educational institutes and for taking up successful entrepreneurial ventures as
- The Department exposes the undergraduate students to all fundamental and advanced technology in the field of Electronics and Communication. Some of the advanced papers offered in the curriculum are Fibre Optic Communication, Data and Computer Communication, Satellite Communication Systems, Mobile and Cellular Communications, Telecommunication Switching Circuits, Antenna and Wave Propagation, Optical Fibre Network, Intelligent Instrumentation, Bio-electronic Instrumentation, Advanced Microprocessor, Microelectronic Engineering, VLSI Design, Digital Signal Processing Architecture, Digital Image Processing, Random and Stochastic Processes, Information and Coding Theory etc. Besides these the students also learn various computer related papers. The syllabi are frequently updated to incorporate recent developments considering advancements achieved in the national and international
Program Outcomes of the B.Tech. Program:
- In depth knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Ability to identify and formulate research problems and to analyse
- Ability to design solutions for engineering problem and design system components or processes that meet specified needs, taking into consideration health & safety, cultural, societal, and environmental issues.
- Ability to apply modern tools/software in solution to the realistic problems related to
- Ability to function individually and with teams that are diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal with professional, ethical and social
- Obtaining the knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles to apply these in managing project in multi- disciplinary environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community of engineers and the society at
- Ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and social
- Recognize the need for lifelong learning in the context of technological developments